Instructions for the On-Line FINAL Testing Sign-Up
The Spring 2019 sign-up period is from Thursday, April 26th, 2019 5:00 p.m. through Monday, May 6th, 2019 11:59 p.m. (once opened, the system will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week until it closes). All you need is internet access.
How do I sign up for my FINAL testing sessions?
- Log onto the Internet and go to the Hostos Community College website: www.hostos.cuny.edu.
- On the Hostos home page, click on “current students” and then you will see a box labeled “On-Line FINAL Testing Sign-Up.” (look at the announcements box also) Click on the link. This will take you to the On-Line FINAL Testing Sign-Up System Home Page.
- Read the Instructions on the On-Line FINAL Testing Sign-Up System and then click the button labeled ‘Continue’ at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, enter your Hostos Login ID and password in the boxes indicated. Your Hostos Login ID is the first part of your Hostos e-mail address. (Example: if your Hostos e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org, your Hostos Login ID is jsmith123).
- If you have never accessed your Hostos e-mail account, you need to reset your password, or if you forgot your password, click on the appropriate link BELOW the login box for more information. You can also visit the IT Help Desk ‘B-429’.
- Click on the button for the test that you want to sign-up for. You can only sign up for the test(s) that you are eligible for. For example, if you are NOT in a writing course, you cannot sign up for the CATW final. If you try to sign up for a test for which you are not eligible, you will receive a message telling you that you cannot sign up for that test and to contact your professor; NOT the Testing Center.
- When you have selected the testing session(s) you want, click “Save This Appointment.”
- PRINT OUT YOUR TESTING SESSION CONFIRMATION.You are strongly encouraged to print a copy of your schedule or screenshot it, so that you will have a record of the date, time, and place of your FINAL exam.
STUDENTS MUST NOT SELECT
A TESTING SESSION THAT CONFLICTS WITH THEIR CLASS SCHEDULE
Can I print a copy of my testing schedule?
Yes! Click on the button labeled “View Testing Schedule.” When the schedule comes up on the computer screen, you will see a button labeled “Print Schedule”. After the link closes you WILL NOT be able to print out your schedule. Please make sure to print or take a picture of your exam date and time. The Testing Center will not be able to tell you the date and time you have registered for.
REMEMBER, THIS IS YOUR FINAL EXAM.
IT IS YOUR ESPONSIBILITY TO KNOW YOUR TEST SCHEDULE.
What happens after I sign up for my FINAL Exam(s)?
You come to the assigned room (B-207) on your scheduled testing day and time with pens, #2 pencils and a valid photo ID. Students are responsible for bringing their own pens and pencils.
What if I show up late for my exam?
Once the exam has commenced, you will not be allowed into the room. YOU MUST ARRIVE ON TIME for your scheduled exam.
What if I need to change my testing date AFTER the online sign up period closes?
You must come to the Testing Center (Room B-207) to seek assistance.
What if I don’t have my own computer?
Free public computers are available throughout the Hostos campus. The Academic Computing Center, Library, and HALC all have computers and staff available to assist students.
What if I miss the testing session that I signed up for?
You must contact your Professor immediately.
What if I miss ALL of the testing sessions?
Students who miss all of the testing sessions must contact their Professor immediately.
What if I need special accommodations?
Students must first register for a test(s) session, ARC students must register for a session before 2pm, due to the extended time and accommodations.
Student must take the copy of their test schedule to the Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) (Room D-101P) to setup the necessary accommodations.
Can I bring my child(ren) with me to the test?
Please be advised, that this is an Exam and that no children will be permitted onto the premises.
PLEASE NOTE THAT FOR THE CATW FINAL EXAM YOU MUST FILL OUT A SCANTRON WITH THE REQUIRED FIVE DIGIT CLASS ID NUMBER IN ORDER FOR YOUR RESULTS TO BE PROPERLY RECORDED IN CUNYFIRST.
YOUR CLASS ID NUMBER CAN BE FOUND ON YOUR CLASS SCHEDULE ON CUNYFIRST. PLEASE MAKE SURE TO HAVE THIS NUMBER PRIOR TO YOUR EXAM DATE AND TIME.
When you come for your test(s), you MUST bring pens and #2 pencils, regardless of which test you are taking. NO pens or pencils will be distributed or available at the testing sessions. Students taking the CATW FINAL may bring a paperback or hardcover dictionary to the test. (No electronic dictionaries are permitted.)
SCIENTIFIC CALCULATORS MAY BE USED FOR THE MATH FINAL EXAM (CEAFE). ONLY SCIENTIFIC CALCULATORS ARE PERMITTED.
YOU MAY NOT USE YOUR CELL PHONES, OR GRAPHING CALCULATORS. THE TESTING CENTER DOES NOT HAVE CALCULATORS TO LEND OUT SO PLEASE MAKE SURE TO BRING YOUR OWN.
YOU MUST BRING YOUR VALIDATED
HOSTOS STUDENT ID CARD TO THE TEST.
NO STUDENTS WILL BE PERMITTED INTO THE TESTING SESSIONS
WITHOUT THEIR VALIDATED HOSTOS STUDENT ID CARD.
If you have questions regarding the sign up process, please visit the IT Service Desk, room B-429.